Saturday 7 April 2007

Rowing?

It looks like it is going to be a nice day so we will be going to the boat race. I have no interest in rowing really, nor in Oxford or Cambridge. But one of the strange things about living with people who come from all over the world is this strange urge to show them really English stuff, most of which you've never even seen yourself. Regardless of the sporting activity, I'm sure the picnic will be fun. Clare will want to go to church this evening so I will have to make sure I go easy on the beer.

I've also just learnt that Entreprenuers in Action have won a new contract with the DfES so i'll have to get on to that on Monday. I've got a few calls to make and a few write ups to sort out on that front so it looks like the bank holiday is booked up. Somehwere I've got to fit in my essay. I've been thinking about how to get hold of some journalists to talk to about how new media is changing the relationship between media and politics. It's like trying to get blood out of stone although I can always refer back to the thoughts Lawrence Shaw gave me a couple of months back.

Finally, a quick one liner on the now concluded Iran incident. In PR terms, I think Iran views its most important audiences as the internal one (obviously) and the midle east in general, where it is working hard to ensure it secures it's position as teh region's leading power at the expense of Saudi Arabia. In that respect, job well done. Whether in the long term their strategy continues to be as successful as it has been over the past three or four years is another question.

No comments: