Saturday 14 April 2007

ABCs

Oh dear! A bit of a disaster for the Hammers today. I was just about ready to start believing we might escape the drop after the win at Arsenal. I knew it was too good to be true. I’ve not got much to report on the research front as I was at work on Thursday and Friday. I haven’t done anything today either as we’ve been running around Harrow shopping and trying, unsuccessfully, to sort some banking stuff out. This comes after a rather late night out celebrating a birthday in Balham last night. Anyway, hopefully, I’ll manage to get something done this evening.

One comment I wanted to make refers back to the ABC figures I mentioned in my last post. I thought there was quite a mixed picture but the fact remains that newspaper readership in the UK remains very high and quite stable. This means that traditional media still retain massive power in setting the news agenda and therefore dictating what the politicians talk about. It just confirms my thesis for this last essay I’m working on which is that politicians hope new media will affect the balance of power between them and the media but in the end I don’t think the change is going to happen any time soon.

No comments: