Monday 7 May 2007

On Holiday

I can't decide whether I care about the results of the French election. Clare's certainly not amused. Regardless of the outcome, I have to repeat what I said after the first round which is that it's the clearest sign there ever was that people in Western Europe still care about politics especially when there are important issues and philosophical differences between the parties.

Perhaps if Labour and the Conservatives believed in debate and ideas rather than just political marketing in the pursuit of power, we might get something similar! Oooh, I'm such a cynic sometimes!

Anyway, moving on. It's been an exciting bank holiday Monday waiting for the rain to clear before going shopping! I’ve also been catching up on some EiA work, updating texts on some of the programmes they have been running, or are about to run in Bexley, Newham and with the DfES. Hopefully, we’ll get the website updated soon and send out a newsletter.

I’ve also sent off a couple of emails to follow up the questionnaires I left at Hackney Town Hall last Wednesday. That’s about it really. We can’t really get up to much at the moment because having broken my glasses and having had to spend £290 to replace them, money’s a bit tight (to put it mildly). Oh, the joys of being a student! Never mind, we’ll just have to be careful this month.

No comments: