Friday 11 May 2007

Wasting Time

There was a bit of excitement at work over the last couple of days as our neighbours, HIS, entertained Madonna. The great Madge even popped in to our office to make a phone call giving me the privilege of saying that I’ve been alone in a room with her. Mind you, she had her back to me at the time so she doesn’t even know that she’s had the privilege of being alone in a room with me.

Moving on, I got a phone call from Councillor Siddiqui today to tell me that he had completed the questionnaire and that he had left it at the Town Hall reception. So, after work, I headed off to Hackney to pick it up. Unfortunately it was nowhere to be found. Hence, the title of today’s post.

Even more unfortunate was the attitude of the guy at reception who, when I asked him to double check, pointing out that the questionnaire would not necessarily be in an envelope addressed to me, went off on one. I had to listen to a load of moaning about how I was doubting that he could do his job. Well, if you speak to people like that mate, you can’t do your job! Never mind. It doesn’t matter.

One final bit of news is that I got a couple of tickets to go and watch Chelsea against Everton on Sunday. It’s a nothing game, which is probably why the season ticket holder who owns them is lending them out. Still, I’ve never been to watch a match at Stamford Bridge and I will laugh (though not out loud) if Chelsea fail to match Liverpool’s record of undefeated home games. It will also provide welcome distraction from worrying about what’s going on at Old Trafford.

No comments: