Saturday 9 June 2007

Hackney Schools

Having not accomplished very much this week on the dissertation front (including a failed attempt to see someone at the Hackney Gazette) I finally pulled my finger out this morning and started sending requests to schools in Hackney that have a sixth form.

My aim obviously is to start getting the views of young people who will soon have their first opportunity to vote, as well as their teachers. So far, from what I can work out there are six schools which have a sixth form. These are Hackney Community College, The Bridge Academy, Cardinal Pole RC School, Our Lady’s Convent High School, Skinners’ Company’s School for Girls and Stoke Newington School. I’ve sent all of them an email, with the exception of Skinners’ whose email and website both seem to not be working at the moment, asking whether I can hand out some questionnaires.

Clearly students in sixth form are not necessarily going to represent the views of the entire age group but I their responses should give me some good insights in to where the minds of motivated and intelligent young people are on these issues.

No comments: