Thursday 14 June 2007

Hydro Hackney

A good piece of PR for Hackney Council on Page 8 of tonight's londonpaper. It seems the councillors are doing their bit to go green by switching all their electricty supply to renewable sources - and saving £500,000 in the process.

Of course, what we don't know is how much electricty was being wasted and whether cutting use could still help further. But we shouldn't be too cynical so a big well done to all concerened. I would have liked to link to the full story but the press release doesn't seem to be up on the Hackney Council site yet. If it's there soon, I will.

Meanwhile, I have emailed my questionnaire to the Hackney Gazette. They seem to have been the least forthcoming people on this project so far. Like a lot of journalists I suppose they are working under coinsiderable time pressure. Then again, who isn't? I'll just have to be persistent ... again!

No comments: