Monday 30 April 2007

New Appointment

I’ve got myself another interview for this coming Wednesday with Labour Councillor Angus Mulready Jones. I’ll be able to kill two birds with one stone as I had already planned to head over to Hackney Town Hall on Wednesday to deliver some questionnaires. This guy sounds very keen on the concept of my dissertation so hopefully I will also have a new ally in trying to get as much participation as possible. You never know, within a few weeks some clear patterns on what politicians in Hackney think about the potential of new media in tackling apathy among young voters might emerge.

On to completely different matters, I noticed today that one of my favourite teenage haunts has closed down. 15 years ago I used to practically live at Steve’s Sounds on Newport Court near Leicester Square. I was amazed when we cam back in September to see it was still open. No longer it seems. I suppose everyone’s downloading stuff now and there’s no need to go to a shop to buy music. The joys of progress!!

No comments: