Wednesday 2 May 2007

Interview # 3

A bit of a mixed bag kind of day today. It started off with the printer running out of ink and me breaking my glasses. Lots of squinting ensued! I also had to do the laundry which is very dull but at least gave me the opportunity to make good progres through the Christopher Meyers book. It seems George W is quite smart after all. It's just he's not very good at public speaking. Well I never!

Small local difficulties aside, I’ve now finished my third interview, with Angus Mulready Jones. At 23 he’s very young for a councillor, wouldn’t you say? Well, if ever there was an example of a young person interested in politics …

In actual fact I would say that of those interviewed so far he seemed to be the most sceptical about the potential for new media in helping tackle political engagement. But I’ll have to go over the recordings of the interviews again once I’m finished to make sure my perceptions aren’t wrong.

While I was over at the Town Hall, I also left a few questionnaires in the pigeon holes of councillors who had previously expressed an interest in this project. I think I might just leave a copy for everyone next time I go over there. It won’t do any harm. Besides, I think I need 25 per cent of the council to respond which means 14 or 15 councillors so there’s still a bit of work to be done on the recruitment front.

No comments: