Tuesday 15 May 2007

Another three responses

Since my last post, I’ve been to Hackney twice in an attempt to collect Councillor Siddiqui’s answers to my questionnaire. It seems it has been lost but I’ve left another copy for him so hopefully in the next day or two I’ll get it back. On the responses front, there has been some progress. Two completed questionnaires turned up in the post this morning and I’ve also received a call from Faizullah Khan, who is the Speaker at the council. I’ve made an appointment to see him today week. He seems pretty keen to help out which is good news. All in all, it looks like I might manage to get my 25 per cent quota after all.

Other news? Well, I’ve had an awful sore throat for the last couple of days. I must have got infected at Stamford Bridge! Also, the lovely people at SpecSavers in Harrow have been screwing me around again. Not content with failing to get my new glasses done by last Saturday (despite them being marked urgent), they have just called to say that they still won’t be done today. Even tomorrow seems unlikely. So, that’s going to be nearly two weeks for an urgent pair of specs. Lovely! Even more annoying, the one pair that they have managed to get ready is faulty. Oh well, still have loads to do today so I’d better quit moaning and get on with it.

No comments: